Departments & Divisions
Haisar E Dao Campi, M.D., FACS, FASCRS
Dr Dao received his medical degree from the University of Carabobo, in Valencia, Venezuela. After finishing a year of internship in an undeserved area of the country, he started General Surgery residency at Hospital Miguel Perez Carreno, one of the busiest academic centers in Caracas. Upon completion of his training, he relocated to the United States where he joined St.Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, MA, a Tufts University affiliated hospital, and completed his General Surgery training in the US. This was followed by a residency in Colon and Rectal surgery at Brown University in Providence, R
- 2001 - MD - Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela
- 2013 - Clinical Fellowship - Colorectal - Warren Alpert Medical School Brown University, Providence, RI
- 2012 - Residency - General Surgery - Stewart St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 2008 - Internship - General Surgery - Stewart St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston, MA
- 2005 - Residency - General Surgery - Miguel Perez Carreno Hospital, Caracas, Venezuela
- 09/2019-Present - Associate Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, Department of Surgery, San Antonio, TX
- 01/2017-Present - Assistant Professor/Clinical The Raul Ramos M.D Profship in Colon Cancer Research - UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 09/2016-09/2019 - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio, Department of Surgery, San Antonio, TX
- 7/2013-8/2016 - Assistant Professor - Tufts University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Boston, MA
- 7/2012-6/2013 - Teaching Fellow and Colorectal Surgery - Warren Alpert Medical School, Department of Surgery, Providence, RI
- 7/2007-06/2012 - Clinical Associate - Tufts University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Boston, MA
Instruction & Training
- 09/2018-Present, Mentor -PGY2, UT Health San Antonio
Dao HE, Kempenich J, Logue AJ, Marcano J, Sirinek KR. Postoperative Mortality in Patients with Colonic Volvulus is adversely Affected by Associated Comorbidities 2017 Apr. (Presented at Southwestern Surgical Congress).
Dao HE, Kempenich J, Logue AJ, Marcano J, Miller P, Sirinek KR. Surgical Management of Acute Diverticulitis; Resection and end Stoma Still Reigns Supreme 2017 Feb. (Presented at North & South Texas ACS).
Sirinek KR, Dao HE, Kempenich J, Logue AJ, Marcano J, Miller P. Additional Factors Found at Open Cholecystectomy and on Pathologic Examination Contribute to the Need for Converting to Open Cholecystectomy 2017 Feb. (Presented at South Texas ACS).
Bingener-Casey J, Richards ML, Sirinek KR. Abscess and Other Intra-Abdominal Diseases In: Textbook of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Second Edition. Blackwell Publishing Ltd; 2012
Sirinek KR. The release of gastric inhibitory polypeptide by intraduodenal glucose and its modulation by other polypeptides. Dissertation for Doctor of Philosophy Degree. Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 1977.
Sirinek KR. Pharmacologicol control of post-hepatectomy portal hypertension. Thesis for Master of Science Degree. Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 1973.
Sirinek KR. The effect of variation of environmental strontium and calcium on the discrimination of strontium and calcium uptake in the freshwater clam Lamsilis Bentricosa. Thesis for Bachelor of Arts Degree. Saint Mary's University, Winona, MN 1965.
Kempenich JW, Sirinek KR. Acid Peptic Disease Surg Clin North Am 2018 Oct;98(5):933-944.
Dao HE, Kempenich JW, Logue AJ,Marcano J, Shah N, Sirinek KR,. Perirectal Abscess; a Common Surgical Problem with Significant Morbidity Gastroenterology 2017 Apr;152(5):S1278
Sirinek KR, Willis, R, Schwesinger WH. Who Will Be Able to Perform Open Biliary Surgery in 2025? J Am Coll Surg 2016 Jul;223(1):110-5.