Departments & Divisions
John A. Daniels, D.O.
Dr. Daniels joined the UT Health San Antonio Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine as an Assistant Professor in 2017 and serves as Laboratory Director, UT Health San Antonio Clinical Laboratory. He also serves as Section Chief for the University Hospital Blood Donor Center. He earned his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and a Master of Public Health (Healthcare Policy & Management) in 2012 from the University of North Texas Health Science Center - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine and School of Public Health, respectively. He completed a residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at UT Health San Antonio, where he also completed a fellowship in Transfusion Medicine/Blood Banking. Prior to medical school, Dr. Daniels earned a Juris Doctor from the Albany Law School of Union University in New York State and practiced law for nearly a decade, specializing in medical legal issues. Additionally, he has a Master of Business Administration (Health Management) from the School of Business at Our Lady of the Lake University. Dr. Daniels’ professional interests include therapeutic apheresis and medical ethics.
- 2017 - Clinical Fellowship - Transfusion Medicine/Blood Banking - University of North Texas Health Science Center
- 2016 - Residency - Anatomic & Clinical Pathology - University of North Texas Health Science Center
- 2012 - DO - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine - University of North Texas Health Science Center
- 2012 - MPH - Health Management and Policy - University of North Texas Health Science Center
- 2004 - MBA - Healthcare Management - Our Lady of the Lake University
- 2001 - JD - JD - Albany Law School of Union University
- 1996 - AAS - Respiratory Care - Hudson Valley Community College
- 1993 - BS - Biology - State University of New York
- 1/2013 - Medical Corps - United States Army Reserves