Rose E Cortina, MD
Foot and Ankle
Department of Orthopaedics
Dr. Rose Evlynn Cortina was born and raised in the Rio Grande Valley. Her upbringings in an extremely medically underserved area led to her interest in becoming a physician. She attended Texas A&M University where she graduated magna cum laude and earned a Bachelor's degree in Biology. Dr. Cortina went on to obtain her medical degree from Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine where she graduated with honors and Alpha Omega Alpha. She completed her orthopedic training at the University of Kansas Hospital where through her mentor, she realized her passion for foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Cortina completed a foot and ankle fellowship at the world renowned Institute of Foot and Ankle Reconstruction at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
Having been away from the lone star state for 6 years, Dr. Cortina felt it was time to return to her roots and provide her surgical expertise in Foot and Ankle Surgery to her fellow Texans. She provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for a wide array of foot and ankle conditions including: Achilles tendonitis, ankle arthritis, bunions, flat feet, foot and toe deformities along with foot and ankle trauma. Dr. Cortina works with patients on prevention of common foot and ankle conditions. When possible, she begins treatment with nonoperative measures and for more complex conditions utilizes her expertise and experience in offering the latest in advanced treatment options. Her goal is to develop individual treatment plans aimed at restoring function and mobility.
Outside of work Dr. Cortina enjoys traveling the world, getting to know different cultures, foods, and arts. Her other hobbies include exploring the outdoors with her dog, exercising, cooking, live music, and spending time with friends and family.
- 2014 - MD with Honors - Medicine - Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine
- 2008 - Bachelor of Science - Biology (Magna Cum Laude) - Texas A&M University, College Station TX
- 2020 - Fellowship - Foot and Ankle - Mercy Medical Center
- 2019 - Residency - Orthopaedic Surgery - University of Kansas Medicine Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- 09/2020-Present - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UT Health Science, Orthopaedics, San Antonio, TX
- 2019 - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (Board Eligible)