Eddie M. Cortez, B.A.,D.D.S.,P.A.
Eddie M. Cortez, B.A., D.D.S., P.A. serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor/ Staff General Dentist at UT Health San Antonio Department of Comprehensive Dentistry. He is the former Director of the Dental Faculty Practice Clinic in the Department of Comprehensive Dentistry, where he was a member of the Board of Director, Budget/Finance and the Advisory Committee's.
Dr. Cortez served his country faithfully and honorably in the United States Air Force Reserve for 21 years. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel and Chief of Dental Services in charge of the dental section at the 433d Aerospace Medicine squadron Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland, Texas. In 2008 he was awarded "Field Grade Officer of the Year" of his squadron.
Dr.Cortez is a full time faculty member in Dental Faculty Practice Clinic.
- 1988 - DDS - Dentistry - Marquette School of Dentistry
- 1983 - BA - Biology - St. Mary's University
- 6/2010 - Clinical Assistant Professor - UTHSCSA, Comprehensive Dentistry, San Antonio
- 6/1999 - United States Air Force Reserves - Lackland AFBSan Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 8/2003 - Present, Operative Dentistry Clinic, The University of Texas Health Science Center