Departments & Divisions
Brent Joseph Callegari
Dr. Brent Callegari is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, and is fully board certified. He was born in Louisiana but moved to Houston, Texas at a very young age. He graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in Chemistry followed by attending dental school at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio. After graduating in 1990, he commissioned into the U. S. Navy and served as a general dentist until 1997. He then proceeded to complete his orthodontic training at Indiana University School of Dentistry followed by continuing his Navy career as an orthodontist. During this time, he served as Program Director/Faculty at the Tri-Service Orthodontic Residency Program at Lackland AFB, San Antonio for 10 years. After 26 years of honorable service, he retired from the Navy and accepted an appointment at UT Health San Antonio as the Pre-Doctoral Director of Orthodontics.
He has been working as a clinical instructor/lecturer here at UT Health San Antonio since January 2017. He works closely with the pre-doctoral students and orthodontic residents providing didactic/lab/clinical instruction. He has also been involved in private practice in the neighboring town of Boerne.
His hobbies include fishing, hiking, movies, traveling, tennis and golf. He is blessed with a beautiful wife, Nancy, and their two boys, Kyle and Kurt.
- 1999 - Certificate - Indiana University School of Dentistry
- 1999 - MS - Indiana Univ. School of Dentistry
- 1991 - Post Doctoral Train - Naval Hospital
- 1990 - DDS - (Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society & Mu Nu Chapter) - University of Texas Health Science Center
- 1986 - BS - (Magna Cum Laude) - Texas A&M University
- 1/2013 - Program Director - Tri-Service Orthodontic Residency ProgramLackland AFB
- 1/2010 - Associate Professor / Clinical - Uniformed Services University of Health SciencesSan Antonio
- 1/2003 - Adjunct Professor - Naval Postgraduate Dental SchoolBethesda
Peterson BE, Callegari Bj, Mihalik CA, Marsh CM and Dunn WJ. Comparison of Self-Limiting and Traditional Etchant Systems on Composite Resin Bond Strength; 2016 Feb. (Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists). Lobre WE., Callegari BJ, Gardner GD., Marsh CM., Bush AC., and Dunn WJ. Pain control in orthodontics using micropulse vibration device: A randomized clinical trial; 2015 Sep. (The Angle Orthodontist; vol. 00, no. 00).