Jessica A Blower, M.D., FAAFP
Medical Director, Westover Hills Primary Care Clinic
Primary Care Center
Dr. Jessica Blower has been seeing patients at UT Health Physicians Westover Hills since August of 2015. In addition to helping her patients, she enjoys teaching and mentoring medical students as an Assistant Professor/Clinical in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at UT Health San Antonio . Her clinical interests include women’s health, pediatric and adolescent medicine, preventive health care, acute and chronic disease management and office procedures. She strongly believes that optimal healthcare is delivered through an evolving partnership between patient and their physician, and she supports the values of a patient-centered medical home.
Dr. Blower is originally from Phoenix, Arizona where she graduated magna cum laude from Arizona State University, earning a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology with a focus on Behavioral Neuroscience research. She graduated from medical school at the University of Arizona and then completed her residency in Family and Community Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. During residency, she earned several awards including Chief Resident, Research Scholar, and Resident of the Year. Her research interests include women’s preventive health and using yoga for improving health. In her free time, she enjoys practicing yoga and ballet, as well as cooking for her family.
- 2015 - Residency - Family and Community Medicine - University of Texas Southwestern
- 2012 - MD - Medicine - University of Arizona College of Medicine
- 2007 - BS - Psychology (Magna Cum Laude) - Arizona State University
- 7/2015 - Assistant Professor/Clinical and Medical Director - UT Health Science Center San Antonio, Family & Community Medicine, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 10/2015 - Present, Family Practice Clerkship, The University of Texas Health Science Center
- 2015 - American Board of Family Medicine