Tabatha H Blount, Ph.D.
Associate Professor - Service
Associate Training Director, Clinical Psychology Internship
Tabatha Blount, PhD, is an Associate Professor with the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, UT Health San Antonio and a licensed psychologist
in the state of Texas. She earned her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Texas Tech University in 2011, after which she completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship at UT Health San Antonio. She was hired as faculty for the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in September 2013. Since that time, she has served as the Associate Training Director for Department’s APA-accredited Psychology Internship Program.
Dr. Blount has research and clinical expertise in the area of posttraumatic stress disorder. For the past decade, she has served as a co-investigator, research clinician, and clinical supervisor for STRONG STAR (South Texas Research Organizational Network Guiding Studies on Trauma and Resilience), a research organization dedicated to developing the most efficacious treatments for combat-related posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and co-occurring conditions among post-9/11 veterans. She is trained in several evidence-based treatments for PTSD including Prolonged Exposure, Intensive Outpatient Prolonged Exposure, Cognitive Behavioral Conjoint Therapy, and COPE for dual diagnosis PTSD and substance abuse. Currently, she serves as the Clinical Director for STRONG STAR’s Intensive Outpatient PTSD Program.
Additional areas of clinical expertise include empirically supported treatments for tic disorders, behavioral problems in preschoolers, and chronic pain. She is certified as a Level I Trainer for Parent-Child Interaction Therapy through PCIT International and is recognized by TS-BTI as a faculty member who can train other professionals in Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT).
- 2011 - Internship - Psychology Internship - UT Health San Antonio
- 2011 - PhD - Clinical Psychology - Texas Tech University
- 2007 - MA - Clinical Psychology - Texas Tech University
- 2004 - BS - Psychology (Summa Cum Laude) - Southwestern Oklahoma State University
- 9/2013 - Assistant Professor/Service - UT Health San Antonio, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 7/2017 - Present, Pre-Doctoral Student Supervision, UT Health San Antonio
- 6/2016 - Present, Post Graduate Rotation Supervision, UT Health San Antonio
- 7/2013 - Present, Pre-Doctoral Student Supervision, UT Health San Antonio
- 7/2012 - Present, Pre-Doctoral Student Supervision, UT Health San Antonio