Katherine C Bartush, MD
Department of Orthopaedics
Dr. Katherine “Katie” Christine Bartush has returned to UT Health San Antonio to practice Sports Medicine and Foot & Ankle surgery. She focuses on treating patient’s knee, shoulders, elbows, hips and ankles at the Medical Arts & Research Center in the Medical Center.
Throughout her training, she has earned awards for excellence in Orthopedics and research. She has been published in peer-reviewed journals, written surgical technique articles, and performed clinical research. She is also a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
Originally from Texas, and raised in South Bend, Indiana, Dr. Bartush graduated Summa Cum Laude with a BBA in Finance and minor in Chemistry. She attended medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio where she graduated Alpha Omega Alpha.
Dr. Bartush completed her fellowships at Andrews Sports Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama and The Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado. While there, she enjoyed taking care of multiple Division 1 Varsity Athletic Teams and Olympic Athletes. She has also traveled with the US Ski & Snowboard Team internationally as a Team Physician. After having ACL surgeries at a young age, she went on to play Division 1 Soccer for Southern Methodist University Women’s Soccer Team. She is excited to return to South Texas and looks forward to keeping her patients active. She enjoys skiing, camping, tennis, spending time with her family.
- 2020 - Fellowship - Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgery - The Steadman Clinic, Vail, CO
- 2019 - Fellowship - Orthopaedic Sports Medicine - American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL
- 2018 - Residency - Orthopaedic Surgery - UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 2013 - MD - Medicine - UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 2009 - BBA - Finance (Minor in Chemistry) - Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- 03/2020 - Assistant Professor/Clinical - UT Health San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- 2018 - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery