Gustavo R. Armaiz-Pena, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Dr. Armaiz-Pena is Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology at UT Health San Antonio. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. He is a member of The Endocrine Society (TES), American Assn of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE) and American College of Physicians (ACP). He has a special interest and formal training in adrenal disorders, particularly pheochromocytoma and paragangliomas. In his clinic at the MARC, he sees patents with endocrine disorders involving bone, pancreas, pituitary gland, adrenal gland and thyroid gland . He is active in teaching fellows, residents and students. He also sees patients as part of the academic teaching mission of UTHSA in the Endocrine teaching clinic at the Texas Diabetes Institute (TDI) of University Hospital System.
- 2013 - MD - Cum Laude - Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine, Bayamon, PR
- 2009 - Bachelor of Science/Biology - Cum Laude - University of Puerto Rico, Cayey Campus, PR
- 2019 - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship Program - UT Health San Antonio
- 2016 - Internal Medicine Residency Program - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, PR
- 2019 - ABIM Board Certification - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- 2016 - ABIM Board Certification - Internal Medicine