Departments & Divisions
Ravikumar Anthony, B.D.S., M.D.S., M.S.
Program Director of Orthodontic Residency Program
Dr. Ravi Anthony is the Program Director of the Orthodontic Residency at UT Health San Antonio.
He graduated from the Orthodontic residency program in San Antonio, Texas in 2008 and is Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics.
He was the principal investigator of a clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy of an investigational device in increasing the rate of orthodontic tooth movement which subsequently obtained FDA clearance and is currently marketed as Acceledent.
In 2015, Dr.Anthony received the prestigious award for Teaching Excellence at the University of Texas Health Science center at San Antonio.
He was also appointed as the John and Barbara Vondrak Endowed Clinical Dentistry Professor in 2016 for excellence in clinical orthodontics.
Dr.Anthony is the course director for several courses for the residents, including the exclusive course offered at UT San Antonio on interdisciplinary dentistry which brings in all the faculty and residents from orthodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics and endodontics together.
Over the years, Dr.Anthony has developed many innovative courses for the residents and helped to develop UT Health San Antonio in to one of the most reputed programs in the country.
Dr.Anthony is also the director for the 1st and only Fellowship in Lingual Orthodontics in the US.
Dr.Anthony lectures extensively on several topics related to orthodontics like Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, extractions in orthodontic treatment, Aligner therapy, Orthodontics and TMD, Practice management and interdisciplinary orthodontics. He has a deep interest in Lingual Orthodontics and has established the Center for Excellence in Lingual Orthodontics at UT San Antonio, where residents are able to gain experience in this field.
- 2009 - MS - Cellular and Structural Biology - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2008 - Residency - Orthodontics - UTHSCSA Dental School
- 2001 - Orthodontics - Government Dental College & Hospital
- 1998 - Dental - Government Dental College & Hospital
- 4/2014 - Orthodontic Residency Program Director - University of Texas Health Science Center at San AntonioSan Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5020 Clinical Orthodontics
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5037 Orthodontic Lecture Series
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5090 Research
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5012 Orthodontic Lab Techniques
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5028 ABO Literature Review
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5014 Literature Seminars
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5070 Practice Management
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5030 Case Analysis Seminars
- 4/2014 - Present, ORTH5010 Introduction to Orthodontics
Anthony R. Enamel Demineralization Adjacent to Orthodontic Brackets Bonded with ACTIVA BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE APOS TRENDS IN ORTHODONTICS 2018 May;. Anthony R. Enamel Demineralization Adjacent to Orthodontic Brackets Bonded with ACTIVA BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE APOS TRENDS IN ORTHODONTICS 2018 May;2472(1387):21-29. Anthony R
Saunders KG. Enamel Demineralization Adjacent to Orthodontic Brackets Bonded with ACTIVA BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE APOS TRENDS IN ORTHODONTICS 2018 May;2472(1387):21-29.