Matthew M Anderson, PhD
Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs
Matthew Anderson has served as Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs and Assistant Professor in the School of Health Professions at UT Health San Antonio since September 2016. He has published peer-reviewed research in the areas of teaching excellence, leadership, and health care finance, and teaches courses in leadership, management, and health sciences. Dr. Anderson received B.A. degrees in Biology and Sociology from Illinois Wesleyan University, and his M.S. in Health Systems Management and PhD in Health Sciences from Rush University.
- 2019 - PhD - Health Sciences - Rush University
- 2009 - MS - Health Systems Management - Rush University
- 2007 - BA - Biology - Illinois Wesleyan University
- 2007 - BA - Sociology - Illinois Wesleyan University
- 2016 - Associate Dean for Administrative Affairs - UT Health San Antonio
- 2016 - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio
- 2014 - Associate Dean of Operations and Financial Affairs - Rush University
- 2015 - Assistant Professor - Rush University
- 2014 - Program Director - BS in Health Sciences - Rush University
- 2011 - Assistant Dean of Business Affairs - Rush University
- 2010 - Instructor - Rush University
Anderson, M.M. et al. (pre-publication). How do Employers Judge the Quality of Applicants' Graduate Healthcare Management Education? A Conjoint Analysis Study. Journal of Health Administration Education. Accepted 11/1/2020.
Anderson, M.M. et al. (2020). Understanding Student Preferences in the Selection of a Graduate Allied Health Program. Journal of Allied Health, 49(3), 208-214.
Anderson, M.M., & Garman, A.N. (2018). Preparing Future Healthcare Leaders through Graduate Education: The Impact of Program Accreditation on Quality Improvement. Journal of Allied Health, 47(2), 121-125.
Li, C.C., Barth, P., Garman, A.N., Anderson, M.M., & Butler, P. (2017). Leadership Development Practices and Patient Satisfaction: An exploratory Study of Select U.S.Academic Medical Centers. Patient Experience Journal, 4(1), 97-102.
Crowe, D., Garman, A.N., Li, C., Helton, J., Anderson, M.M., & Butler, P. (2017). Leadership Development Practices and Hospital Financial Outcomes. Health Services Management Research, 30(3), 140-147.
Anderson, M.M., & Shelledy, D.C. (2013). Predictors of Student Satisfaction with Allied Health Educational Program Courses. Journal of Allied Health, 42(2), 92-98.