Alexandriah N. Alas, MD
Dr. Alas is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and specializes in both non-surgical and minimally invasive surgery for treating pelvic floor disorders including vaginal and pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction, bowel incontinence, bladder and rectal fistulas, urethral diverticulums and mesh complications. In addition to her clinical practice, she is actively involved in research, professionally published in the filed of urogynecology, and has been the recipient of several research awards. Currently, Dr. Alas is interested in quality improvement measures for patient-centered outcomes following surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse.
Dr. Alas earned her Bachelors in Science in molecular and cellular biology at Sonoma State University in 2003 and worked in the Biotech field before attending the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston School of Medicine, and receiving her M.D. in 2009. After her residency in Los Angeles at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, she completed a fellowship in urogynecology at Cleveland Clinic Florida. Following her medical training, Dr. Alas returned to her home state of Texas to join UT Health Physicians and the teaching faculty at UT Health San Antonio.
- 2009 - Doctor of Medicine - Mediine - The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2016 - Fellowship - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery - Cleveland Clinic Florida
- 2013 - Residency - Obstetrics and Gynecology - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- 2016 - Assistant Professor - The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2019 - American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- 2014 - American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology