Nandini Mandlik, D.O.
Dr. Mandlik has worked in a variety of hospital and outpatient pediatric settings, including a rural community health center just south of San Antonio. Following a motivation to have greater impact on healthcare by training future physicians, she joined the UT Health San Antonio in the outpatient pediatric teaching clinic.
She’s had an interest in global health and health equity since before medical school, adores caring for the underserved, and now is privileged to share her experience in care for patients in resource-limited settings. In addition to teaching residents and students in the clinic, she has successfully developed and implemented a breastfeeding curriculum. Recognizing the parallels between underserved care locally and globally, she is developing a migrant and international health pathway for the pediatric residents as a project for the Academic Pediatric Association’s Educational Scholar’s Program.
Dr. Mandlik travels annually to Xela, Guatemala with a group of medical students, slowly planting the seeds for sustainable and equitable care there. Her main interests are now in care of the underserved, health equity, and how global healthcare actually is “local”.
- 2002 - DO - Medicine - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1996 - BS - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology - Boston University
- 2005 - Residency - Pediatrics - University of Nevada
2020 Leonard Tow Humanism Award recipient
2019 Most Supportive Faculty Member: presented by Pediatric Residents
2018 Most Supportive Faculty Member: presented by Pediatric Residents
2016 Best New Faculty Award: presented by Pediatric Residents
- 6/2015-present - Assistant Professor - UT Health San Antonio
- 12/2005-7/2008 - Clinical Assistant Professor - University of Nevada
- 8/2011-4/2015 - Medical Director - Atascosa Community Health Center
- 9/2009-4/2015 - Outpatient Pediatrician - Atascosa Community Health Center
- 7/2007-7/2008 - Outpatient Pediatrician - Anthem Pediatrics, Henderson, NV
- 10/2005-5/2008 - Level 2 Nursery Coordinator - North Vista Hospital and SNNS
- 9/2005-5/2008 - Neonatal Hospitalist - Southern Nevada Neonatal Services
Research & Grants
- 2006 - General Pediatrics