Sabrina A Carrillo, M.D.
Dr. Carrillo earned a bachelor’s degree from St. Mary’s University, a master’s degree in public health from University of North Texas Health Science Center and her medical degree from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) in Lubbock. She completed pediatric residency at TTUHSC in El Paso and pediatric critical care fellowship at UTHSCSA in 2015. After fellowship, she accepted a position in the combined medical/cardiac critical care unit at Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dr. Carrillo was recruited back to UT Health in August 2017. Since April of 2018, she has served as the medical director of University Hospital’s Pediatric Transport Team and is actively involved in regional outreach and education. She has a special interest in simulation-based training and has been integrating it into traditional educational programs for the pediatric transport team.
- 2009 - MD - Medicine - Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX
- 2015 - PCCM - Fellowship - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX
- 2012 - Residency - Pediatric - Texas Tech University, Paul L Foster School of Medicine, El Paso,TX
- 2010 - Pediatrics - Internship - Texas Tech University, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, El Paso, TX
- 08/2017 - Present - Assistant Professor/Clinical - Department of Pediatrics/Division of Critical Care/UT Health San Antonio