Marissa Cantu, M.D.
- 2016 - Pediatric Emergency Medicine / Child Abuse Pediatrics Dual Fellowship - Washington University School of Medicine
- 2015 - Pediatric Intership and Residency - Tulane-Ochsner Pediatric Residency Program
- 2012 - Doctor of Medicine - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 2008 - Bachelor of Science in Biology - University of Nebraska at Lincoln
2004-2008: Dean's List; University of Nebraska at Lincoln.
2004: National Hispanic Scholarship, University of Nebraska at Lincoln.
- 2020 - Assistant Professor / Clinical - UT Health San Antonio
Instruction & Training
- 2018, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor
- 2016, ChildFirst Missouri Certification
- 2016, Missour SAFE-CARE Provider
- 2016, Advanced Trauma Life Support
- 2015, Certification in General Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- 2012, Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Research & Grants
2005-2008: Undergraduate Research Assistant with Gwen Bachman, PhD
Identifying and counting blood cells of Beldings ground squirels.
Research project of my own design involving the effects of social stress on immune function in rodents.